October 12, 2010
Congratulations to our winner!
Ryan Myers, Grocery Cart Savings
Accredited investors: We
hope you can join us for our October 12 showcase, our semi-annual
"First Look Forum." This lively afternoon is the culmnation of our
coaching program for the region's most innovative companies. We have
selected our top 20 applicants, from a varied slate including clean tech to digital media, consumer products to mobile web, automation to healthcare, and our investor coaches will select the top 12 to present to you in an action-packed, audience-participation afternoon.
To attend: Please email email@example.com to inquire. Attendance is complimentary to this investor-only audience.
Tuesday, October 12
Arctic Club Hotel
700 3rd Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Program: 3:00-5:00 PM
Hosted Reception to follow
Top 12 Presenters!
- 2Degrees Frost Technologies – 2DFT is building YourSAN™ (Your Storage Area Network) - the world's fastest, secure, scalable and easy to use unified local network storage software for desktop, mobile and server
- Deal Springer – Deal Springer puts retailers in control of promoting their deals instantly into various online channels.
- Feral Motion – Ride.Capture.Relive
- Grocery Cart Savings – Click your way to savings
- Hylomedia - Building Community Through Conversation, delivering Reach Without the Waste.
- InTheWorks – Powerful ideas for a better planet
- ir2020 – ir2020 dramatically increases insight into institutional ownership and delivers time-saving productivity workflow tools for Investor Relations teams.
- iVice Mobile Apps – Discover Your Taste for the Good Life
- LaserMotive – LaserMotive engineers systems to deliver electric power via laser beams when wires are impractical or uneconomical. We can send power to sensors or satellites, and we can keep an electric aircraft flying forever.
- Shield Technologies LLC – When life depends on knowing the risk.
- Think Automatic – Smart Grid for the Home
- Vend Screen – VendScreen wirelessly delivers nutrition information and targeted advertising to reach the 78 million daily users of vending machines via interactive touch screen displays installed on new and existing equipment.
What can you expect?
In a fast-paced, American Idol-inspired program, you will see 12 five-minute pitches, then vote to select your favorite 5. These five finalists will do a single-slide speed-pitch to you and our investor judges (including Madrona's Greg Gottesman , OVP's Mark Ashida, and Voyager's Bill McAleer). As you pepper them with questions, judges will select the winner, who will receive a year of office space (courtesy of WRF Capital) and other fabulous prizes. Celebrate with the participants and enjoy cocktails and appetizers with attendees!!
Who will be there?
Join coaches and attendees from the following firms and organizations......but act now as this will fill up long before the big day! Founder's Co-Op, Divergent Ventures, Voyager Capital, Glass5 LLC, Denny Hill Capital, Ignition Partners, Alliance of Angels, Revenue Loan, Montlake Capital, Integra Ventures, Madrona Venture Group, Maveron, Trilogy Partners, Olympic Venture Partners, Puget Sound Venture Club, WRF Capital, Seraph Capital, Benaroya Capital and more.
Thank you to our Fall 2010 coaches:
- Colette Courtion, Calidora
- Chris DeVore, Founder's Co-Op
- Kevin Doren, Divergent Ventures
- David D'Souza, Moprise Vision
- Geoff Entress, Partner, Founder's Co-Op and Venture Partner, Voyager Capital
- Ken Glass, Glass5 LLC
- Jan Hendrickson, Denny Hill Capital
- Chris Howard, Ignition Partners
- Greg Huey, Alliance of Angels
- Randall Lucas, Revenue Loan
- Todd Marker, Montlake Capital
- T.A. McCann, Gist
- Connie Miller, Pivotal Presentations
- Jim Nelson, Integra Ventures
- Joe O'Neill, Tiger Mountain LLC
- Tim Porter, Madrona Venture Group
- Dan Shapiro, Photobucket (formerly Ontela)
- Lisa Song, VanceInfo
- Jason Stoffer, Maveron
- Katie Thompson, Trilogy Partners
- Malcolm Witter, Kibble and Prentice
Feedback from participants:
"I love NWEN -- the First Look Forum was an amazing process -- it really stress-tested our business model and business plan, and forced us to get really crisp, clear and concise on exactly what we are doing and why. It's hard work, and well worth it!"
"The coaching process offered a time for deep review and having an open mind to excellent criticism from fresh informed minds.”
“How NWEN got all those VCs and angels into one room is somewhat a miracle”.
"I had a wonderful experience and I have had some exciting developments as a direct result of my participation at the First Look Forum."
Cost: Application Fees
- Early-bird: $45 for members, $90 for non-members
- After August 2: $55 for members, $110 for non-members
Martin Selig Real Estate
Amazon Web Services
Alliance of Angels
Puget Sound Venture Club
- 700 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA