Spring First Look Forum
Tuesday, April 24th
Congrats to our winning companies!!
- Booktrope (Katherine Sears), Reinventing the way books are created - Team Publishing.
- ekt, LLC (Randy Neely), A product that prevents the loss of master keys at commercial properties.
- DealScoopr (Nitesh Goyal), Making travel friendly.
- Greenfab (Johnny Hartsfield), Green, Healthy, Affordable Prefab Homes.
- High 5 Pies (Dani Cone), It’s Vintage. It’s Modern. It’s Delicious.
- IDDiOO.com (Cynthia Holcomb), Shopping Made Personal.
- KineMotion Health (Alistair Hirst), Improving patient outcomes through technology.
- Leaves, Inc. (Shea O'Donnell), Your Life Story Lives Here.
- Ligoes (Alexandra Filutowski), a legal “SalesForce meets Facebook” SAAS for personal injury lawyers.
- MyOVS (TJ Merrill), provides solutions that allow customers to maximize their investment in enterprise software.
- Raveld (Michael Wasser), Clear & Concise Cloud Costs.
- virtua.la (Johnathan Buell), Gives you the ability to customize your online persona based on your daily lives and activities!
Congrats to all our Presenting Companies:
First Look Forum: this exclusive, bi-annual, invite-only investor showcase is the culmination of an in-depth coaching program that features 12 never-seen-before, early-stage growth-oriented startups from every segment of innovation in the Pacific Northwest. In a fast-paced afternoon, the investor audience votes to select five finalists, who in turn pitch to a panel of the region's top VC's. This standing-room only event is attended by representatives of over 20 venture and investment firms and angel groups…all there to hear pitches from entrepreneurs presenting to the investment community for the very first time! Attendance at this unique event averages over 100, and the only service providers in the room are the event sponsors. Spring 2012 FLF Judges include Lucinda Stewart of OVP, Bill Bryant of Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and Jan Hendrickson of Denny Hill Capital
Who was there? The following firms and organizations have previously participated as either coaches or judges! Founder's Co-Op, Divergent Ventures, Voyager Capital, Glass5 LLC, Denny Hill Capital, Ignition Partners, Alliance of Angels, Revenue Loan, Montlake Capital, Integra Ventures, Madrona Venture Group, Maveron, Trilogy Partners, Olympic Venture Partners, Puget Sound Venture Club, WRF Capital, Seraph Capital, Benaroya Capital and more.
First Look Forum Coaches, Judges, and Pitch Doctors:
- Hyer Bercaw
- Jack Breese
- Bryan Brewer, Business Plans Northwest
- Bill Bryant, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Jeff Canin, Canin Advisors
- David D'Souza, Moprise Vision
- Chris DeVore, Founder's Co-Op
- Kevin Doren, Divergent Ventures
- Ken Glass, Glass5 LLC
- Geoff Entress, Founder's Co-Op
- David Islett, Concordia Coffee
- John Jerome, Jerome and Associates
- Dan Kranzler
- Nick Malden
- T.A. McCann, Gist
- Connie Miller, Pivotal Presentations
- Jonathan Min-Wook
- Shirish Nadkarni, Zoomingo
- Andy Boyer, Social3i
- Kha Dang, Perkins Coie
- Deb Hagen-Lukens, Clarity Communications Consulting
- Geir Hansen, Silicon Valley Bank
- John Jerome, Jerome and Associates
- Steve Fisher, Foster Pepper
- Jon Pincus, Qweries
- Daniel Rossi, Northwest Entrepreneur Network
- Russ Weed, Graham & Dunn
- Joe Whitford, Davis Wright Tremaine
First Look Forum Steering Committee:
Media Partners: Lisa M. Brandli, Principal, Moxie Communications LLC
Don't take our word for it:
"I love NWEN -- the First Look Forum was an amazing process -- it really stress-tested our business model and business plan, and forced us to get really crisp, clear and concise on exactly what we are doing and why. It's hard work, and well worth it!"
"We found our lead investor at the First Look Forum which was above and beyond what we expected and really accelerated our progress towards completing our round and launching our company."
"Lots of investor / VCs reaching out and wanting to set up meetings. I think I have 6 or 7 investment groups with meetings set up so far."
"The coaching process offered a time for deep review and having an open mind to excellent criticism from fresh informed minds."
"How NWEN got all those VCs and angels into one room is somewhat of a miracle!"
"I had a wonderful experience and I have had some exciting developments as a direct result of my participation at the First Look Forum."
Find out more from previous First Look Forum events:Spring 2011
- 700 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA