"Legalities for Founders" is an interactive workshop that highlights the key legal issues faced by every early-stage start-up and its founders. The legal underpinnings of your firm provide the foundation for future growth, for raising capital, for decision-making, and for your exit strategy. Mistakes made early on can cost companies thousands of dollars and hours of valuable time.
The "Start-up Legal Essentials"; agenda will focus on:- Choice of legal entity.
- Corporate formation.
- Issuance of founders stock.
- Employment agreements.
- Option and restricted stock plans.
- Friends and family/angel financing.
This afternoon workshop will provide practical do's and don'ts, as well as ample opportunities for attendee Q&A. Participants will also receive a notebook of handouts that will assist them in navigating their legal choices.
- Kraig Baker, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Enrique Godreau, Venture Partner for 9Mile Labs
- Joe Whitford, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Heather Wight-Axling, Davis Wright Tremaine
4:00am: Registration & Networking
4:30am: Program begins
6:30pm: Close of program
WALK-UP REGISTRATION IS WELCOME!
Free for season pass holders! This event is designed for entrepreneurs, not service providers, and space is limited. Thanks for your understanding!
Cancellation Policy: Please notify us 24 hrs prior to the start of the event if you are unable to attend. Day-of cancellations cannot be processed. Please contact Caitlin Goetze (email@example.com)
4:30pm - 6:30pm
- 1201 3rd Ave #2200, Seattle, WA 98101, USA