Final Applications: Monday, February 25th (midnight)
Success in this program = Submitting your application early for feedback
Are you at an inflection point in your business and need help taking it to the next level? Are you an innovative, growth-oriented startup and could benefit from expert coaching and exposure to an investor audience? Look no further than NWEN's signature coaching program and investment showcase: First Look Forum!
NWEN is the region's home for innovative businesses in every growth sector in our economy, from web 2.0 to medical technology, clean tech to consumer products. By applying to NWEN's First Look Forum you will have the chance to access the breadth and depth of coaches, advisors, investors and more---all dedicating their time and talents to help your business reach the next level of success. Make the commitment to growing your business, and take advantage of the wealth of resources through First Look Forum.
NOTE: The First Look Forum program is exclusive to companies that have not pitched before, and won't be pitching before our main event.
How to Apply:
- First: Download application. Submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Second: Pay the $65 application fee.
- Third: Receive your confirmation with next steps. The earlier you apply, the more feedback you get!
- 1/1/2013: Applications open - **APPLICATIONS OPEN** - Submit completed one-page application to email@example.com, and pay the application fee ($65 application fee). Link to payment page.
- 1/28: Early bird applications close
- 2/25: All applications close
- 2/26 - 3/1: Committee review and selection
- 3/4: Top 20 announced
- 3/5 - 3/14: First round of coaching
- 3/18: Top 12 announced
- 3/19 - 5/5: Second round of coaching
- 3/26 - 4/12: Pitch Doctoring
- 4/9: Individual pitch coaching from Connie Miller of Pivotal Presentations
- 4/11: Dress rehearsal with the screening committee
- 4/19: First Look Forum
To attend: As we prepare for the event, the investor audience is by invitation only. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't take our word for it:
- "I love NWEN -- the First Look Forum was an amazing process -- it really stress-tested our business model and business plan, and forced us to get really crisp, clear and concise on exactly what we are doing and why. It's hard work, and well worth it!"
- "We found our lead investor at the First Look Forum which was above and beyond what we expected and really accelerated our progress towards completing our round and launching our company."
- "Lots of investor / VCs reaching out and wanting to set up meetings. I think I have 6 or 7 investment groups with meetings set up so far."
- "The coaching process offered a time for deep review and having an open mind to excellent criticism from fresh informed minds."
- "How NWEN got all those VCs and angels into one room is somewhat of a miracle!"
- "I had a wonderful experience and I have had some exciting developments as a direct result of my participation at the First Look Forum."
Who will be there? The following firms and organizations have previously participated as either coaches or judges! Founder's Co-Op, Divergent Ventures, Voyager Capital, Glass5 LLC, Denny Hill Capital, Ignition Partners, Alliance of Angels, Revenue Loan, Montlake Capital, Integra Ventures, Madrona Venture Group, Maveron, Trilogy Partners, Olympic Venture Partners, Puget Sound Venture Club, WRF Capital, Seraph Capital, Benaroya Capital and more.
First Look Forum Steering Committee:
- Kha Dang, Perkins Coie
- Deb Hagen-Lukens, Clarity Communications Consulting
- Geir Hansen, Silicon Valley Bank
- John Jerome, Jerome and Associates
- Steve Fisher, Foster Pepper
- Sue Oliver, Seattle University, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center
- Daniel Rossi, Northwest Entrepreneur Network
- Russ Weed, Graham & Dunn
- Joe Whitford, Davis Wright Tremaine
Media Partners: Lisa M. Brandli, Principal, Moxie Communications LLC
Special Thank you to all of our Sponsors!
11:45pm - 11:45pm
- Seattle, WA, USA