Wake up and smell the coffee! At our monthly Breakfast Buzz, caffeinated conversation and continental nosh lead into interactive panels, inspiring keynotes, and as always, audience Q&A.;
NWEN alternates between Seattle and Bellevue. Over the course of the year, topics span the life cycle of the startup, and these highly engaged sessions are designed to inspire attendees with lessons learned and practical tips from serial entrepreneurs, investors, and advisors.
- January: So You Have an Idea, Now What? Keynote: Sunny Gupta, CEO and founder of Apptio (and formerly of iConclude).
- February: Smorgasboard - Panel included Phil Neiswender, General Counsel and VP legal at bSquare and advisory board member for the Center for Board Excellence, and Bob Chamberlain, Chief Financial Officer of Popcap.
- March: Scrappy and Successful: Put Your Startup on a Diet! Panel included Galen Ward of Estately (moderator), Bob Pritchett of Logos Software, Jessie Jones of Popshops, and Hillel Cooperman of Jackson Fish Market.
- April: Startup "Culture" - Panel moderated by Kathi Jones of Swift HR, featuring Adam Brotman (VP Digital Ventures, Starbucks), Darell Cavens of Zulily, and Jane Park of Julep Nail Parlor.
- May: Hindsight *is* 20/20: Exits in the Rear View Mirror - Panel moderated by Monica Harrington (re: Picnik). Featured panelists included Rick Hennessey (on Cequint) and David Geller (the WhatCounts story).
- June: How To Get What You (Don't) Pay For! Panel moderated by Susan Schreter, former Seattle PI columnist on 'Inside Entrepreneurship'. Featured panelists included Colette Courtion of Calidora, Kevin Leneway of Giant Thinkwell and Charles Walsh of ValueAppeal.
- July: Summber Breakfast Buzz: Business Without Borders - Fred Crosetto, Chief Energizing Officer at AMMEX and Sanjay Kumar, Founder and CEO of vCustomer.
- August: NWEN Idol - Idolists included Christopher Gil of MotoVolta, Tom Spoonemore of Lacuna Systems, Celeste Tyree of A Better Fundraiser. Judges included Doug Bevis of the Alliance of Angels, Jan Hendrickson of Denny Hill Capital, and Andy Sack of Founders Co-Op and TechStars.
- September: Feed the Machine - Panelists include Dan Gerrity of Intellectual Ventures, Brian Roundtree, Founder of SNAPin, Pamala Temple, CEO of A Place For Mom.
- October: When the Shift Hits the Plan - Bill Bryant of Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Stephan Roche of Memory Lane, and Jim Tisch of IQ Smart Social Media
- November: Gazillion Registered Members... Now What? - Michael Schutzler, CEO of Livemocha
- December: Igniting Social Entrepreneurship: The Scott Oki Story - Scott Oki, SeeYourImpact.com
- January: So You Have an Idea, Now What? Keynote: Oren Etzioni (W/Farecast/Madrona)
- February: The Goldilocks Dilemma (listening to customers): Bill Bryant (Draper Fisher Jurvetson), moderator. TA McCann (Gist), Damon Cortesi (Untitled Startup), panelists.
- March: Funding: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Dan Shapiro, moderator. Charles Seybold (Liquid Planner), Robbie Cape (Cozi), panelists.
- April: Strategic Hiring for Scrappy Startups: Kathi Jones (SwiftHR), moderator. Alex Algard (White Pages), Ben Elowitz (Wetpaint), panelists.
- May: Succeeding Against Stereotypes: Annette Jacobs (Door to Door Storage), moderator. Carla Corkern (Talyst), Brent Frei (Smartsheet.com), Kabir Shahani (Appature), panelists.
- June: Social Media for Startups: Andy Boyer (Social3i), moderator. Bill Harding (Bonanzle), Brad Nelson (Starbucks), panelists.
- July: Game On! Keynote: Scott Dodson (Bobber Interactive)
- August: NWEN Idol. Judges: Randall Lucas (Revenue Loan), Lucinda Stewart (OVP). Contestants: Sean Flynn (InTheWorks), Andrew Maguire (Internmatch), Ryan Myers (Grocery Cart Savings).
- September: Revenue: The New Fundraiser. Speakers: Todd Marker of Montlake Capital and Rob Eleveld of Shiftboard.
- October: Roadmaps and Reality. Speakers: Todd Humphrey (on his CEO days at Cleverset), Jordan Mitchell (as founder and CEO of Others Online).
- November: Make Your Own Luck: Demystifying Metrics. Panel: Elissa Fink (Tableau Software), Dan Sundgren (Intelius), John Dietz (Adometry)
- December: Successes and Mulligans from A to Zillow. Speaker: Spencer Rascoff, CEO of Zillow
Thank you to our Breakfast Buzz Sponsors:
Please cancel at least 24 hours in advance to receive a refund. Contact Caitlin Goetze at firstname.lastname@example.org.