Entrepreneur University 2011
November 15, 2011
David Roberts, CEO of PopCap Games ... Watch his keynote!
Lee Rhodes, Creator and Founder of glassybaby ... Sneak peak at her story
Dan Shapiro, Founder of Sparkbuy ... Hear his expert EU elevator pitch
This is NOT a conference.
It is a one-day, fully-loaded bootcamp for entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneur University: The second best day a startup can have.
What does EU look like? We bring in inspirational keynoters, expert workshops, panel discussions, "Table Topics", and prime networking. "Morning mentors" will meet with you to help you choose the most productive sessions. Lunch offers networking opportunities and our "VC Bistro" where you can speed date with one of the top 10 area venture capitalists. And we end the day with "EU Idol," where six brave souls deliver 60-second pitches to a panel of media judges and a cocktail-drinking crowd. This year we offer three tracks from which to choose. Pick one or bounce between our tracks: PLAN, PROTECT, and PROPEL.
- 8:00am - 9:00am: Registration, Breakfast, Morning Mentors
- 9:00am - 9:45am: Opening Keynote - David Roberts of PopCap Games
- 9:45am - 11:15am: Morning Breakout - Three tracks: Ideation Workshop, Legalities for Founders Checklist Panel, Startup Jeopardy Forum
- 11:15am - 12:00pm: Lunch, "VC Bistro" and additional "Table Topics"
- 12:00pm - 12:45pm: Lunch Keynote - Lee Rhodes of glassybaby
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm: Afternoon Breakouts: Business Plan Writing Forum, Term Sheet Negotiations Workshop, Branding for Startups Panel
- 2:45pm - 4:15pm: Afternoon Breakouts: Right Team, Right Time Panel, Identify & Protect Your IP Forum, Perfect Your Pitch Workshop
- 4:15pm - 5:00pm: Closing Keynote - Dan Shapiro of Sparkbuy
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm: EU Idol (judged by John Cook of GeekWire, Brier Dudley of Seattle Times, & Curt Woodward of Xconomy) along with our cocktail reception
- 6:00pm - Close: After parties: Poker hosted by Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Cocktails ("The Closer") hosted by Heinz Marketing
- Angel Investment Terms – Joe Whitford, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Angel Investment Trends - Brian Endter, Graham & Dunn
- Building a Social Program from the Ground Up – Colin Lamont and Andy Boyer, Social3i Consulting
- Creating a Great Team – Scot Baker, Parker Technical
- Friends & Family Investment - Eric Fogel, Emergent Detection
- Intellectual Property Protection - Arun Mistry, Christensen O'Connor Johnson Kindness
- Sales for Startups – Matt Heinz, Heinz Marketing
- SEO, SEM, & Google Ad Words - Eric Layland, Confluence Digital
- Trends & Tips for Non-Equity Financing – Brian Boatman, Silicon Valley Bank
- Your Personal Brand – Shannon Swift, Swift HR Solutions
VC Bistro: Speed-date with one of the area's leading venture capitalists.
- Madrona Venture Group, Julie Sandler and David Rosenthal
- Montlake Capital, Andy Dale
- Lighter Capital, Randall Lucas
- Vulcan Capital, Yongbai Choi
EU Idol: After the last keynote ends and the first cocktails have been poured, serveral brave souls grab the mic for 60 seconds and pitch to a friendly audience and a panel of media judges: John Cook of GeekWire, Brier Dudley of Seattle Times, & Curt Woodward of Xconomy.
Take a look back at EU 2010
The Northwest Entrepreneur Network thanks its 2011 Entrepreneur University Sponsors!
President's List: Cascadeo Corporation; Davis Wright Tremaine; Herbert B. Jones Foundation; Perkins Coie; Williams-Helde Marketing Communications
Dean's List: Ashbaugh Beal LLP; Microsoft BizSpark; Moss Adams; Silicon Valley Bank; Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
Honor Roll: Christensen O'Connor Johnson Kindness; Denali Financial Group; Foster Pepper; Graham & Dunn; Heinz Marketing; thinkspace; University of Washington, Center for Innovation; Washington Interactive Network